Memory leak in PlayMode

Gubernator

Hi
Im using First Person Controller + BD (Unity version 2021.1.19f)

In my fps game (in the editor or in the compiled version), after a certain random time, a memory leak occurs. This happens DEFINITELY AFTER PRESSING THE FIRE (mouse button 1) -> the game freezes and gradually the memory fills up and reaches a huge size >15GB (see screenshot).
Screenshot 2022-02-15 011749.png
I saw a slightly similar problem in this thread:

I can't say after which changes the game crashes. Since I did a lot of work on some adjustments in the game and ran in play mode for a short time and, accordingly, I could miss this leak because it does not appear immediately, but over time. Before that, everything worked fine, nothing hung.
If my memory serves me, this problem could have occurred when I was on an earlier version of UCC (the latest version of the working build on 11/28/2021, maybe 2.4.4 or even 2.4.3) and updated it to a newer version, as I remember that after the update the muzzleflashes disappeared and dont work correctly and other little things had to be corrected.
Now the game is already in the stage of deep and long development...
Pls help

Can you try reproducing the issue within the demo scene of a fresh project? How did you determine that it is a problem is with the character controller or Behavior Designer? I have left the demo scene on for multiple hours and it didn't have an issue.

I understood the reason - it's all about the decals.
To solve this problem: I re-created the decals without the Remover script and everything fell into place - no memory leaks.