LookSource Aim Target spread

anisimov

Hello,
I've seen DeathMatch use weapons' spread to make bots easier. I did the same, but it doesn't look right because the weapon is facing one way and the bullets are flying the other way (see screenshot). Is there a way to add offset to LookSource without changing the source code so that the bots themselves look a little to the side (random) so they don't have 100% hit?

Best Regards
Screenshot 2022-08-02 at 2.43.16 PM.png

Are you sure this is a bullet, and not just the shell ejected from the weapon? The assault rifle does not shoot bullets/projectiles by default, but does a ray cast to figure whether something was hit.

The spread is independent from the animation. In order to have the animation match you could create a new item ability that sets the ItemSlotXSubstateIndex to a value and have that value be within a blend tree which adjusts the position of the weapon. The weapon then would not fire until it reaches that position.

The spread is independent from the animation. In order to have the animation match you could create a new item ability that sets the ItemSlotXSubstateIndex to a value and have that value be within a blend tree which adjusts the position of the weapon. The weapon then would not fire until it reaches that position.
Thank you! This is what I was looking for.