Level system

Vahalla

So I have this level system, I have tried subclassing the construct level I created, I can not get it to recognize anything I do with ucc, to implement more health, damage , anything for that matter. I also tried an item pick up that will give experience towards the level system, nothing happens when I pick up the item, I noticed there is no way for me to even create base stats that can be used with this controller, question is has anyone figured out how to bring a leveling system to ucc. I’m making an rpg game and it’s kind of a standard thing. I maean I know I can go into the attribute manager add attributes, I trying to adjust the attributes value upon level up as well as the separate system of impact damage, I have been working on this for a few weeks to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A level system would be independent of the character controller logic. If you need to reference the character controller make sure you have added the assembly definition:

A level system would be independent of the character controller logic. If you need to reference the character controller make sure you have added the assembly definition:

I was thinking about this. Just for the experience portion, would it make sense to make "experience" an attribute? Then make an extension script similar to "health" that handles things like levels? Then have external scripts that handle the rest of a leveling system?

Or is this idea too much of a trying to fit a round peg into a square hole, kind of problem?

Ok so update, I have it working kind of, I kill the enemy, get the experience, problem, enemy respawns, kill him again does not register so I’ll have to play around a bit more almost there if I get it I’ll share

I have a script that I wrote it is a construct, that I can call in any script, then I have a characterlevel script where I call Level, if I get it working all the way I will post it, in the characterlevel script I have a fuction that I call the health script just as impact internal in the opsive scripts, I also created a bool, got level, this I added because on death it kept ticking, so now that I have the bool it grants the experience once and only once

Is there some kind of event fuction that will make it possible for when the enemy respawns to allow the experience script kick back in, when I kill the enemy, I get experience now, when he respawns he doesn’t, I saw events on death and noticed I can drag the script into there, or is there something I missing that I need to do, it’s like it thinks the enemy’s health has not replenished on respawn

You could call it OnDeath or OnDisable, I imagine? How are you calling your construct?
On the NPC's Health component is an OnDeath event, you could call it from there.

I created on called Level
So in any script I can create a what I think you call a variable or float that is public Level level

I also figured out my problem, when the enemy dies and respawns it’s health is 0, so what is causing this? For its health to respawn at nothing, would it not just die and respawn endlessly?