Lerp or Tween MovingPlatform Waypoints

@Justin I'm exploring the MovingPlatform component to see if there is a simple way to lerp or tween the waypoints. From what I can tell currently, you are using an AnimationCurve with Keyframes for some of the movement interpolation and lerping for the rest. As such, to pull off lerping or tweening the waypoints, I'd have to regenerate the AnimationCurves repeatedly (which is not ideal) in the former case. For the latter case, I'm thinking I could subclass MovingPlatform and simply manage the m_TargetPosition and m_TargetRotation position and rotation dynamically.
  1. Am I correct in my assessment? If not, what am I missing?
  2. Do you have a recommended "best practice" for how to pull off lerping/tweening waypoints such that the MovingPlatform updates accordingly?
  3. Is there anything special I'd need to do to ensure the KinematicObjectManager still works as expected or should it just work?

I would subclass the moving platform. This will give you the most flexibility in terms of moving the object. In the next update I'll mark the Move method as virtual so you won't have to update it.