Items disable when i start the scene

when i set the items, like before that its all good but when i assign a sword thats when it just disables the gameobject and doesnt work

Have you specified the Sword state on the sword ItemSet? Its been a while since I played around with the melee weapons but if I do remember correctly you must have states setup correctly for some.

When you say that you assign a sword, what do you mean? Do you mean you create the sword? Or do you assign the item type? At what point in the video is that? In the inventory component does it say that the sword is active?

by assigning a sword i mean that i create a melee weapon by following this video

so basically when in the video he plays at around 2:57 his sword is enabled in this exact point while following the video my sword is disabled
1658165224356.png
my inventory script when the game is running

@Justin so i found a solution but its pretty dumb tbh, what i did was made a new project imported my 3d assets into that project and followed the video for 3rd person melee and it works on that project, then i made a prefab of that gameobject in the new project and exported it as a package and imported it into my old project and guess what that made it work, even though both the characters are completely identical abilities/ item vise, could it be a problem in my project? or is it something else?

That's really strange - my guess is that one setting is off which is causing the difference. I would keep your newly created character/item and try to add a new item to see if it works with that new setup.