Item vs. ItemType??

nwinter

I must admit, I do not fully understand the difference between Item and ItemType in your Software. I assumed I would create an ItemType like "1H Swords" and then I could have "Sword 1", "Sword 2", "Sword 3", etc. But why do I only have ItemTypes that I can pick up? It should be possible to pick up an item instead of a type.

The next thing that confuses me is the Sets-Management. Let's assume I had 10 types of Swords and 10 Types of Shields. If I wanted to make it possible so the character can combine every sword with every shield that would result in 10x10 = 100 sets that I would have to setup manually. Ô_o That can't be the way it is supposed to work, is it?

I must admit, I do not fully understand the difference between Item and ItemType in your Software. I assumed I would create an ItemType like "1H Swords" and then I could have "Sword 1", "Sword 2", "Sword 3", etc. But why do I only have ItemTypes that I can pick up? It should be possible to pick up an item instead of a type.

ItemTypes are used so you can easily reference the item within the scene/project view. This video has a good explanation:

The next thing that confuses me is the Sets-Management. Let's assume I had 10 types of Swords and 10 Types of Shields. If I wanted to make it possible so the character can combine every sword with every shield that would result in 10x10 = 100 sets that I would have to setup manually. Ô_o That can't be the way it is supposed to work, is it?
You could do it that way, or create different categories. Take a look at this page:

https://opsive.com/support/documentation/ultimate-character-controller/inventory/item-sets/