Item Set Manager

Szymon Z.

Hello :)
I have a question, because i created a new Item called Bow. And i want to equip it to Slot 1.
So i did all integrations etc. My Bow has parent category as Equippable. And now i have my Item Set Rules:
1624964840952.png

So like You see there, if i will pickup any Equippable item different than Bow, i want equip that to Slot 0. If i will pickup Bow i want to equip that to Slot 1. But... it's not working. After picking up the bow, i can see two Item Set's:
1624964961188.png

So i can imagine how it is designed and because Bow belongs to Equippable i have my Item Set 0 with Bow. But i want to equip Item Set 1 by calling Equip On Pickup. And... thats not working. I have to equip manually (by scroll for example) and then Item Set 1 is active. If i will switch order of rules everything working fine with bow but not with rest of items. I think that's not the solution. Also i want to avoid hundred of item sets per item (in our game we have hundreds of items) so we have to work on Category. In future iteration the Bow will be category ShootableWeapon, where ShootableWeapon is part of Equippable Category. Am i missing something ? How to make it working to auto-set correct Item Set depends on which hand is configured in Item ?

You'll need to create a new ItemCategory that excludes Bow.
  • Equippable
    • Left Hand Equippable
      • Bow
    • Right Hand Equippable
      • Sword
      • Assault Rifle
Or something around those lines, you can organize your categories the way you want.
Since you can have multiple ItemCategory parents for one category, I often have a category for each Item Type: Bow, Sword, Two Hand Gun, etc... and mix and match multiple ItemCategories as their parents to get the functionality and attribute I want: Equipppable, All, Left Hand, Right Hand, With Ammo, etc...

That's probably the easiest solution. Another solution would be to create a custom ItemSetRule that you write yourself, but really that's not necessary in your case unless you really want to.

I hope that helps, once you have the Item Set sepcifc to the Bow you shouldn't have the other problem you mentioned