item first person objects not anchoring correctly.

Coconut Mage

Ive been trying to get a character set up for my fps game using opsive. Ive been working through the tutorials & documentation, setting up the character as I go using the character and inventory manager. Ive been having issues getting my first person weapon objects to anchor to the hands correctly. I have my characters arms set as the first person base. My character is rigged up to a root object i tried making the Item parent the hand object in the root but that said there was no valid ItemSlot GameObject. I solved this by duplicating the arms object and detaching it from my player, using that as the first person base as. Im not sure if that was the right thing to do, but now my weapons work and are shootable, but they anchor off to the side of the player and dont move with the players arms/hands as they move. This also caused a weird skipping issue when rotating the player as I look side to side. Any idea on what Ive done wrong, or where I could look to find out?

Attachments

• b87ede301d652b736e9ae3b1945f6367.png
    b87ede301d652b736e9ae3b1945f6367.png
    714.4 KB · Views: 6
Sorry if you've already gone through them, but have you watched these? Your first person base object should be arms that are separate from the player.

First Person Character Creation:

First Person Item Creation:

Thanks. I followed the videos again and figured out the problem. The secondary game object I was using for the first person arms wasn't rigged correctly with the connected character animator, but it works now.