Item disappears if I change the position/rotation spring

stain2319

Trying to set up a character and add a new melee weapon (axe) and I am like 90% there but having a weird issue.

When I hit play everything looks fine in terms of being able to swing the weapon, and I was able to adjust the position so it sits properly in the hand. I am using the Demo Katana animation right now just to test it and it's close enough for my current purposes.

However, the arms are up too high in the view so it looks a little weird. As per the video tutorials, in Play mode, I adjusted the Position Springs so that my separate arms-with-axe mesh lines up how I want it (with the character shoulders).

I copied the coordinates and then exited Play mode, and put those coordinates in for the Position/Rotation springs. When I go back into Play mode, my character's arms look like they're more in the right place but they're not holding anything anymore - the item is invisible...

if I exit play mode and hit CTRL+Z a few times to undo the changes to the Position/Rotation Springs and then go back into Play mode it shows up again. But for whatever reason if I change this even a little bit it causes my item to vanish...

any thoughts?

This sounds like it could be a render bounds issue. Take a look at the end of this video:

Thank you. It turns out I was mixing up the 3rd person and 1st person instructions. I was able to get it working by following the video.