Item assigns to item set manager twice on equip / Error on load

CruttMutt

EDIT: Easy fix. Got stumped by the "Unique Item Set" checkbox being ticked in the prefab haha. 2nd time that's got me!

Hey,

Found a new thing that has be baffled.. For some reason when I make a shootable item, it adds to my item set manager on my charcater twice. I'm not sure why though... Every other item is fine, they're all melee but no issues happen to them on Equip/Unequip. I tried changing their prefab to the shootable weapon in the item description and it seems to associate with that somehow as they would then start doubling too. The shootable item functions but causes issues later as there is always an unusable item in the manager. Majorly causes issues on reloading the game as it can't load the item properly I guess. I used a prefab from the demo and rebound it to test and that doesn't have any issues when equipping, only my silly one. I can probably just rebuild one of those into what I want so it's not really a big deal. But the next part seems to be an issue.

Here's a vid so you can see everything working but what it's doing.

Thoughts...?

I am also using the pixel crushers save system that had worked really well until I tried to implement this item, now it pulls up this error on load mysteriously, since they started at the same time I assume they are linked.:

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'InventoryItemSetManager' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Inspectors.Inventory.ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.CheckItemSetAbilities (Opsive.Shared.Inventory.IItemCategoryIdentifier[] categories) (at C:/Unity - Current Projects/Backups/Roybus_042921_2020/Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/Inventory/ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.cs:228)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Integrations.UltimateInventorySystem.Editor.InventoryItemSetManagerInspector.InitializeCategories () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Integrations/UltimateInventorySystem/Editor/InventoryItemSetManagerInspector.cs:135)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Inspectors.Inventory.ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at C:/Unity - Current Projects/Backups/Roybus_042921_2020/Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/Inventory/ItemSetManagerBaseInspector.cs:63)
UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer.DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event evt, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 parentTransform, UnityEngine.Rect clippingRect, System.Boolean isComputingLayout, UnityEngine.Rect layoutSize, System.Action onGUIHandler, System.Boolean canAffectFocus) (at <16a864d8d57443bb82561171867685b1>:0)
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

This error doesn't seemt to be gamebreaking but it is present which is strange as it was not before.

Last edited:
Wait!! Nevermind!! It all just came to me like an absolute lighting bolt haha. "Unique Item Set" was clicked of course. You're voice in your video came right to mind as soon as I posted this. Every problem has resolved itself.

I don't think I'll every forget that again now ;)

I'm glad you were able to fix it!

Btw I love your game esthetic! I'd love to see more of it once you make more progress.

Thanks heaps! I appreciate that a lot :D For sure. I've been messing with the concept for a year now getting it right. I'll definitely post something up pretty soon. I took a big step back to implement the newest updates and rebuild all the engines from the ground up but it's been very worth it. Thanks so much for all the help! It will be a great little preview of a lot of the opsive systems working well together (along with other party's assets). It's getting very very close now.

Hopefully all the time helping will feel work it for you guys in the end!

Thanks again mate