Issues Installing

C

CursedToast

Hi,
I have been having issues installing UFPS. I've tried Unity 2019.1.14 and 2019.1.16 and have similar issues. I'm using a fresh project each time.

1.) The installer isn't automatically launching. No big deal, I just launch the installer from the Tools menu. No errors reported in the installer.
2.) After installing, I'm not getting the Project Settings Setup window as indicated by the documentation.
3.) When using the URP template, I receive the following additional errors (they do not show up if I'm using the built-in renderer):

1608173405779.png

Are issues 1 and 2 going to cause any harm if I move forward with the documentation?
Lastly, are those errors when using the URP template a big deal? Ideally, I would like to use URP... I could always start with built-in and upgrade to URP if that would help the process (not use the project template).

Thank you!

Edit:
Loading up the demo scene and after baking it, I only see the UI when I press play. I'm assuming there's extra steps I need to be doing since I'm using URP -- this doesn't happen in my SRP test project.

Going to go to bed now and take a look in the morning for anything obvious I might have missed.

Really hoping that this system works out, I'm looking to switch character controllers, and ideally I could port over functionality I've built on top of another (very very basic) commercial controller, as "abilities" for UFPS :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The installer/project updater will only appear the first time you import. I'm not sure what those errors are but they look like they are coming from Unity rather than UFPS since UFPS doesn't use a grab texture property. Maybe try a different unity version? For URP you'll need to install the integration: https://opsive.com/support/document...-controller/camera/universal-render-pipeline/

Yeah, I tried like six different fresh projects in two different Unity versions and it neither started. Those errors only happen when I'm using the URP template, and they don't stick around so I'll try ignoring them for now.

As long as I setup the key bindings/layers is it safe to move on then?