Idle not working?

nathanj

Forgive me if there is something obvious I am overlooking here but I'm stuck on getting the Idle ability to blend between the different animations. Here is a demo scene with a new Nolan model converted to UCC and with an Idle ability added. If you press play you see that only the first animation is ever triggered.

nOiDLE.PNG

The strange thing is that if you add a Debug.Log to the Idle abilities script you see that it is changing the value between 0 and 2 to trigger different animations but for some reason the animator is not recieving this information. The Blend Tree's AbilityFloatData is always at 0.

Anyone able to tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks in advance,
Nathan

Last edited:
Can't test your scene in the demo project since it seems to be missing references to other stuff in your project, but if you want to DM me the project I can take a closer look. You haven't edited the default animator controller in any way, right? The AbilityFloatData parameter doesn't change for things like turning, walking and running (except for quick-turns during running I believe), but should for jumping and other abilities.

Hey Andrew,

So, my bad, I didn't realise that I needed to set the Max Ability Float Data Value to something other than 0.

Setting it to 2 allows it to randomly select between 0 and 2.

Thank you