How to setup charged throwable?

Zaddo

On a Throwable Action, I want to use a charged trigger action. But I can't get it to work with just the left mouse button. In order to work, I must first click and hold the right mouse button, then click-charge-release the left mouse button.

Can the charged trigger action be used for a throwable action? If so, how do I stop the dependency on the right mouse button. In the Demo scene, the Bow uses the charged trigger action. I carefully checked I had the same settings as the bow. Is there some other config that is required?

I changed the demo so that the Grenade had the charged trigger action. I turned off the animation events, and just used a duration. Here is a short video with the setup and the problem I am having:

Last edited:
Throwable items and Shootable items do have a lot in common, but there are some key differences that make it more complicated for throwable items to be charged.

If I were you I would try making a Shootable weapon that shoots grenades. You can simply hide the weapon and show a grenade model as the projectile.

If for some reason you really need to make the grenade a chargeable use, I think it will require a custom script for the grenade extra module, as I do not think the default one will support it.
If that's the case do let me know and I'll add a new grenade item in the demo scene that can be charged, it just might take awhile to add since we have a lot of other tasks that are higher priority

Thanks Sangemdoko. I was hoping the solution was just configuration. As this is more complicated, I am happy for this ticket to be closed. I will come back to it when I have more time and try your suggestion to use a shootable weapon, or write a custom trigger action.