How to remove Capsule collider from character controller/ enemy creation advice.

jlayton75

I am trying to make an enemy for my game and am using the Character Manager. I want the collision to be with the Ragdoll Colliders so that they are accurate and I can use seperate hitboxes for each body part. The entire character is surrounded by a capsule collider, however, that it seems can't be removed or they will fall through the floor. This collider is intercepting all of the collisions and bullets. Is there a way around this or should I not even be using the character manager to create enemies? I would really appreciate any help on this. The capsule collider is found under "Colliders" of the character.

If you're going for ragdoll physics, take a look at the PuppetMaster integration or the Ragdoll ability. Without something like one of these handling the character collisions, it's not advised to try and just disable the CapsuleCollider, since the controller depends on it in multiple places. You can still have colliders on things like items held by the character and whatnot.

I think I had the same question.
If I understood correctly, you can choose the impact layer in the script of your weapons and you put SubCharacter.
It worked for me :)