How do the new item set rules work? No item sets are being added to the item set list.

airoll

Hello,

I am having trouble understanding how the new item set rules work. I have tried to set up an item set rule in the following way.

ItemSetRules.PNG

In one of my custom scripts, I want to check which item slot an item would be equipped to if the item were to be picked up. In the previous integration, I was able to check
Code:
m_ItemSetManager.CategoryItemSets[equippableCategoryIndex].ItemSetList
in order to see which slot the item would be equipped to. However, now when my code runs, the item set list is empty.

I also tried to look in the Initialize function of InventoryItemSetManager, and I'm not sure where the item sets are actually added? Line 149 just creates a new list of item sets but doesn't populate it. Am I missing a processing step that I am supposed to call to actually add the item sets?

Last edited:
Nevermind, I think I figured it out. It seems like I needed to call
Code:
inventoryItemSetManager.UpdateItemSets(equippedItems)
before I queried the item set list, is that right?

The way it works is that you do not have any Item Sets until you start adding Items to your Equippable item collections.
As soon as you do the ItemSets are updated automatically by looking at all the possible combinations described by the rules.

So essentially you do not add item sets manually, instead the Equippable Item Collections and the Item Set Rules do that automtically for you.

Of course you can add ItemSets manually if you want to, you would do so just like it is done in a pure UCC system.

You can use the events, found in the documentation or the IntegrationEventNames.cs file, to know what Item Set is added, Removed or kept when there is a change in the Equippables.

What is it that you are trying to achieve by knowing the Item Set in advance?

I needed to know which item slot an item would go to (in a VR game) before the item is picked it. I think I figured it out now, thanks!