Help test damage visualization

zoicelols

I am trying to add damage visualization to my character but I want to test it out. How would I create a dummy version of my character model that reacts to hits. Basically like an a.i. with no brain that just uses my animator to test. Like getting hit left, right, back, forward and knocked down and standing back up after.

The easiest way would be to copy Agent Nolan from the demo scene and use that to test against (within the ability added). Alternatively within the Character Manager you can build an AI character.

The easiest way would be to copy Agent Nolan from the demo scene and use that to test against (within the ability added). Alternatively within the Character Manager you can build an AI character.
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but the agent nolan I copied doesn't react to my attacks. Damage visualization is at the top of the list for the agent. I copied the state name from the demo called Take Damage, but I couldn't find the state it referenced in the scene.

1574456091647.png

Does the ability activate? If it activates did you add the animations to the animator?

Does the damage event get called? You can place a breakpoint within DamageVisualization.OnDamage. If that doesn't get called you'll want to go up further in the chain and see if Health.Damage gets called.

My bad Justin I'm so oblivious lol. Figured it out. I never added the health and attribute manager and specify and add the hit boxes to the agent. now it works perfectly XD.