Head and arms are not being visible front of mirror

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for reply, basically, I created a mirror and when I'm on Third Person View, it's working ok, see next image:

1607436161878.png

This is because I uncheck from camera's culling mask the overlay layer which is used for first person arms.

1607436270484.png

but when I switch to First Person View, I need to render the head and arms.

1607436333719.png

is there a way to make it works?

Thanks in advance!
Martin

You will need to add the MaterialSwapper component to the camera doing the rendering for the mirror. If that doesn't work there may be a small tweak necessary in order to get it working. I will include an example of a mirror in the next update.

Hi Justin,

Thanks for reply, I've added the MaterialSwapper component to the camera and I got some error after hit play (see below):

1607532926245.png

Then I added the CameraController component and the issues were fixed (see below)

1607533154243.png

but unfortunally, I'm not able to get it works.

Anyway, I'll wait your example :)

Thanks!
Martin

Attachments

• 1607533097616.png
    1607533097616.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 1
You will need to add the MaterialSwapper component to the camera doing the rendering for the mirror. If that doesn't work there may be a small tweak necessary in order to get it working. I will include an example of a mirror in the next update.
Hi Justin,

Have you had a chance to incluide an example of a mirror?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Hi Justin!

I've tried the mirror in FirstPersonController demo scene but it does not seems to be working. I've tried with a fresh project. I don't receive any messages in de console.

Am I missing something?

1613674209127.png

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Justin,

Just one more thing, when I add both UTPS and TPC into the same project, and I load the UltimateCharacterController demo scene, it seems to be working as expected. Not sure, why when I import the TPC only the mirror does not work properly.

1613675225906.png

Thanks,
Martin

It looks like it's an issue when only one perspective is imported. I will try one of those builds and let you know after I do. I'll probably be doing a 2.3.1 in a couple of weeks so will have it fixed then.

The issue is that the first person only demo scenes do not have the third person materials configured. This is demo scene specific though so I've just removed the mirror in those demo scenes. It will work for your project assuming you have setup the third person materials.

Hi Justin,

I have a new issue with this. It seems that the mirror does not work properly when you create a Character using FPS Mesh Tool and you want to work with both views First and Third Perspective, to make this works you have to add the UCCFPS Material Controller script to the Player.

I believe the issue is due this option

1619372834546.png

which hide the head and arms in first person. Do you know if there is a workaround for this?

Thanks in advance,
Martin

Unfortunately I don't. I would ask the FPS Mesh Tool developer if he knows of one.

Hi Justin,

I've talked with FPS Mesh Tool developer and he told me that you are working together in a new feature to integrate both parts to give a full compatibility with mirrors. Currently, I'm working on a game that needs that feature, do you know when you plan to release UCC with this feature?

Thanks in advance!
Martin

I'm pretty sure it's fine, although I don't have a massive amount of experience with URP so I'd defer to @Justin to confirm