Footstep volume -- settings not affecting.

These footstep sounds are working fine, other than the volume, of which these settings don't appear to make any difference:
Is there a different way I should be changing the footstep sound or place I need to adjust to have these sliders take effect?

Do you have AudioSource component/s on the target object (e.g. the foot objects) that would be overriding the volume?

Here are the bone game objects I'm using for footstep detection:
And - YES - I was surprised to find an AudioSource. Great call!
I'd prefer to use the min/max sliders in the SurfaceEffect object, as it seems to be more robust and offer more variance. Are you suggesting I remove the AudioSource in this case? I just don't want to remove it and risk breaking something else. I didn't add this AudioSource in the first place -- could it have been added by Opsive?

Andrew

I’d suggest keeping the Audio Source components on the foot bones - that way your players can control the volume via a mixer effect, which you can set via a slider in your main menu.

I'd agree with JMab - this does however seem like a potential bug, just tested in the demo scene and it looks like the Surface Effect's volume settings aren't getting applied to the footsteps properly, even without a pre-existing AudioSource. I've passed this on to Justin