Footstep surface type

Hello, I am using Gaia and CTS to create an outdoor terrain with different textures which blend together, and I'm trying to set up the footsteps to sound accurate. I have the Surface Manager configured with a Sand Surface Type, and a generic fallback surface type. The Sand surface type is set up with the correct impact elements, and I've made sure that the surface type is mapped to all of the different textures which make up the sand areas on the map. However when my character walks across the sand, I hear the Generic surface impact. If I change my fallback surface type to be sand instead of generic, the sound is correct, but obviously this will not work right on other surfaces.

I'm curious if there are any known issues with using CTS to assign terrain textures, or if I might be missing something else? Thanks!

I haven't used CTS before so it depends on the shaders that are being used. It sounds like there needs to be some type of integration with the two assets.

CTS is one of the asset store's big terrain shader assets, it might be a worthwhile integration for games with big outdoor maps.

If I wanted to check the shaders to see if they're compatible, is there a way to do that? I could take a crack at a fix. I kind of pulled the trigger on using CTS not knowing there might be some shader trickiness.

It would be within the SurfaceManager class for identifying the particular texture from the material.