Fixing non-dominant hand with IK

Starting a new post as I got the other Q solved..

I can't find a single tutorial or example of using a 2 handed weapon that needs IK fixing. Any advice is appreciated.

Here's what I've got..

Screenshot 2023-06-06 173234.png

The IK Target is part of the shotgun and is positioned where the left hand would go. Is any of this right? (I don't think it is.. see below)

Here's what it the Shotgun Inspector looks like..

Screenshot 2023-06-06 173328.png

I have no idea if any of this is right, but it certainly isn't working.

With the IK Target set this is what happens:

Screenshot 2023-06-06 174511.png

Also, what is the Target Hint? Documentation says elbow location but what does that mean and what do I do with it?

The IK Target is part of the shotgun and is positioned where the left hand would go. Is any of this right? (I don't think it is.. see below)
That is correct. Is the shotgun equipped in your screenshot? Just setting the target should be all that you need to do.

Also, what is the Target Hint? Documentation says elbow location but what does that mean and what do I do with it?
It specifies the location of the elbow. You can leave it blank. It sets the hint from this page: https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/AvatarIKHint.html

Continuing this thread for a moment because I think it may be a similar, related issue.. trying to setup a bow but you can see how the arms are positioned relative to the Debug Ray. Kinda going off at a 10oclock direction.

(Item isn't aligned - hands aren't correct so don't want to use wrong alignment data..)

No IK Hint
Screenshot 2023-06-19 153940.png

With IK Hint (for the right hand)
Screenshot 2023-06-19 200741.png

Item setup
Screenshot 2023-06-19 200944.png

Any ideas what could be wrong?

It's hard to see what is going on from that image. Are those first person hands or third person hands? That image does look like it's movement set related. If you use the item template feature and copy the existing bow setup does it work?