Error On Trajectory Object (Bullet)

feloxy

Hello,

I have added a prefab to the bullet object and I am getting the attached error. This happens when shooting. Also when I swap between weapons, the selected weapon automatically shoots.

Thanks.

Attachments

• trajectory error.PNG
    trajectory error.PNG
    11.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Gonna need a little more info here - what do you mean by attaching a prefab to the bullet object exactly? Do you mean you've added a prefab of your own as a child to a projectile prefab? Could you try reproducing this in the demo scene please and share more details of your setup? Thanks :)

I will try once I am home but I have this "bullet" saved as a prefab which I put in the area where you specify the projectile that is shot when pressing fire. And everytime I press fire, that error occurs. Also whenever I swap weapons back and forth it auto fires.

I see. Look at how the demo scene has set up the Rocket Launcher weapon and the Rocket projectile prefab and see if you've missed anything.

This video also explains weapon setup in more detail, and at around 23 minutes Justin adds a projectile to a shootable weapon:

I have followed that video but I'll go back in case I missed something. Also in case this changes something, I am running Unity 2019.4 lts.