Error for first time using move item action

The first time I use the Move Item Action and begin a move I get a null reference exception. It doesn't happen when I use a controller to move the item around or the keyboard WASD to move it around. It only happens when I move the item with a mouse drag. The problem seems to be that the itemViewDropHandler.DestinationContainer is actually null for some reason. I just updated UIS to latest release hoping that would solve it but it didn't. Any ideas on what could cause this?

Code:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.DragAndDrop.DropActions.ItemViewDropContainerCanItemSlotExchangeCondition.CanDrop (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.DragAndDrop.ItemViewDropHandler itemViewDropHandler) (at Assets/Assets/Scripts/Inventory and UI/ItemViewDropContainerCanItemSlotExchangeCondition.cs:36)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.DragAndDrop.ItemViewDropActionsWithConditions.CanDrop (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.DragAndDrop.ItemViewDropHandler itemViewDropHandler) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Item/DragAndDrop/ItemViewSlotDropActionSet.cs:225)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.DragAndDrop.ItemViewSlotDropActionSet.GetFirstPassingConditionIndex (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.DragAndDrop.ItemViewDropHandler itemViewDropHandler) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Item/DragAndDrop/ItemViewSlotDropActionSet.cs:129)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.ItemViewModules.DropHoverIconPreviewItemView.DeselectWith (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.DragAndDrop.ItemViewDropHandler dropHandler) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Item/ItemViewModules/DropHoverIconPreviewItemView.cs:195)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.DragAndDrop.ItemViewDropHandler.ItemViewSlotDeselected (Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.ItemViewSlotEventData slotEventData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Item/DragAndDrop/ItemViewDropHandler.cs:348)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.ItemViewSlotsContainerBase+<>c__DisplayClass78_0.<Initialize>b__2 () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Item/ItemViewSlotsContainerBase.cs:235)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.CompoundElements.ActionButton.OnDeselect (UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/CompoundElements/ActionButton.cs:328)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.ItemViewSlot.OnDeselect (UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Item/ItemViewSlot.cs:119)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.CompoundElements.ActionButton.OnPointerExit (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/CompoundElements/ActionButton.cs:225)
Opsive.UltimateInventorySystem.UI.Item.ItemViewSlot.OnPointerExit (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateInventorySystem/Scripts/UI/Item/ItemViewSlot.cs:181)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerExitHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:36)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:272)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseInputModule:HandlePointerExitAndEnter(PointerEventData, GameObject)
Rewired.Integration.UnityUI.RewiredPointerInputModule:ProcessMove(PlayerPointerEventData) (at Assets/Rewired/Integration/UnityUI/RewiredPointerInputModule.cs:473)
Rewired.Integration.UnityUI.RewiredStandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32, Int32) (at Assets/Rewired/Integration/UnityUI/RewiredStandaloneInputModule.cs:993)
Rewired.Integration.UnityUI.RewiredStandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvents() (at Assets/Rewired/Integration/UnityUI/RewiredStandaloneInputModule.cs:976)
Rewired.Integration.UnityUI.RewiredStandaloneInputModule:Process() (at Assets/Rewired/Integration/UnityUI/RewiredStandaloneInputModule.cs:690)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()
Rewired.Integration.UnityUI.RewiredEventSystem:Update() (at Assets/Rewired/Integration/UnityUI/RewiredEventSystem.cs:35)

The script giving an error is your own custom script.
I recommend you add a null check in it somewhere.

Yup my mistake! I think at some point I had to customize something for splitscreen and modified a script. Looks like the original script is working fine for my needs now though. Marked as solved!