Equippable item offsets for different sized characters

nathanj

Hello,

I posted this on the Discord server originally but was suggested to post it here.

At the moment it is not possible to add weapons to to the character models, with UIS, the way it is possible with UCC's basic inventory.

The issue I am having is I have a male and female character, with the female being smaller. I have a suite of weapons like club, spear, torch, etc and I need to be able to position each of these items uniquely on each character. IE there is no universal transform position I can put all weapons at and have them properly positioned.

Is there any chance you could add this functionality to the integration package? Let me know if you need any clarification.

Thank you,
Nathan

You are right, this is not soemthing we took into account properly when designing the integration.

One solution that requires no code at all if you are using a different prefab for the Male and Female Character Inventory is by using two ItemPrefab attributes. You can cane have a "Prefab(s)Male" and "Prefab(s)Female" attributes. In the Character Inventory bridge component simply change the name in the inspector:
1625650691943.png
You can use a prefab variant to keep the duplication to the minum.

Having two prefabs allows you to modify the placement offset on the third person persepective.

Of course this is not the most optimal solution if you had more than two player shape/size. I'm thinking that perhaps I should add a scriptable object attribute on the Item which could have a function called when the item is equipped on the character. Then that scriptable object could be used for a ton of different things, including having a map of character -> item position/rotation offset.

If you have suggestions do let me know, I will add this to my TODO list.