Editor freezes after ability reorder request

Szymon Z.

Hello !
We have a critical problem with opsive.
Right now our character has a lot of custom abilities. We wants to add more of them, but once we add new one and we try to re-order them, the Editor is just dying. That just freezes on OnInspectorGUI once the ability is requested to be reordered and because of that, there is no possible way to reorder abilities now...
Do You have any idea how to fix that ? Because that bug totally kills the ability system of opsive

1667824906225.png

Best

Last edited:
Are you on version 2 or 3? I am guessing version 2? In version 2 the ReorderableList uses Unity's IMGUI implementation and I've noticed that it has a coupe of bugs. This has been fixed in version 3 with UIElements.

Is that mean, that will be not fix for Version 2 ?
We already bought Version 3, but migrating hundreds of items, scripts, actions is a hell... we tried to make a migration but there is a lot of missing stuff, like what is for example now IMeleeWeaponPerspectiveProperties, what we should use to replace that ? there is a lot of questions like that, so in our case seems like making conversion can take a weeks, but staying with version 2 blocks development of whole project because we cannot reorder abilities...

The ReorderableList is not going to be changed in version 2 as I tried to work around the bugs introduced in later Unity versions but wasn't able to get a bulletproof solution. If it doesn't work even in debug mode you should report the bug to Unity.

The action perspective properties gave been removed as they are no longer needed. Each module contains the necessary references for both perspectives.