Drop QuantityPickerPanel will always be open when you open inventory if you close the inventory when quantity panel is open

Justus

Reproduce Steps:

1. open inventory panel
2. trigger Item Action, `Drop`
3. after the Quantity Picker Panel appear, close the inventory panel at this moment
4. then each time you open the inventory panel in the future will always open this Quantity Picker Panel together

1652431141754.png
1652431091456.png

Unfrotunatly we are just about to make an update right now and won't do another for a few weeks.

... I hadn't thought about it before, but having the Quantity Pickup Panel as a prefab is not a good idea. I should probably remove this action.

I would recommend you make a custom ItemAction and get the quantity picker from your scene, this way you can place it where you want and close it when the inventory panel is closed. Or prevent closing the Invetory while this quantity panel is opened.

Sorry for the inconvinience

few weeks is okay for me. There are still other things waiting for me... Hope we could have a decent drop action solution later.

A Proposal:

In GUI design, there is a concept named `Modal Dialog`.

Definition: A modal dialog is a dialog that appears on top of the main content and moves the system into a special mode requiring user interaction. This dialog disables the main content until the user explicitly interacts with the modal dialog.

I think the Quantity Picker Panel we discussed here is definitely a `Modal Dialog`.
Considering Quantity Picker Panel is also a `DisplayPanel`, we could implement this concept in the DisplayPanel.

- add an option named `is Modal Panel`(or other name)
- if `is Modal Panel` is true, any other panel could not be toggled on/off when this `Modal` Panel is shown, and the selection status of this panel will also not lose, until it has be closed.

This could solved all this kind of problem from concept design level, and could also let this kind of Item Action(which will generate a prefab) works well.

I think that's a good idea, but it would take awhile to implement, I can't promise this will be my solution for the next update.
I'll add it to my TODO list