Delay on click and use on shootable weapon

Hey, I started a new thread for the new topic.

I checked through what I understand is the process for using a shootable weapon and set everything to 0 or instant:

Fire Type -> Instant
Use->Use Event->wait for animation unchecked and Duration=0

Checked the animator as well to make sure nothing was happening in the animations, but don't think this would matter anyway as the use event is set to custom duration and set to 0.

There is still a good .1-.2 second delay from the shot. It is pretty noticeable in fast pace shooting scenarios. I am going to comb through the actual process to see but wanted to check if there was anywhere else that would cause a delay on Use other than what I described above.

Thanks,
Jake

The only thing that I can think of is that you are hip firing so it takes some time to raise the weapon. If you are not hip firing the Fire method within ShootableWeapon will be called instantly.

Yeah, I am aiming. I checked it in the base tpc demo and seem to get the same result. I recorded the delay, you can hear the mouse click and then see the delay until the shot:

I also built it out and played with the same result.

Have you tried testing against the most recent version? When I'm not hip firing the assault rifle fires instantly.

I created a new project and updated the controller to the latest, still feel the delay a bit:

in my own project i timestamped a bunch of the events, and it seems like it triggers the event on the frame that it recognizes the click, at 2.4066 and then takes 4 cycles where it tries to use the item again, in which it then executes the fire function at 2.49ish

looking still to find why
1582637471147.png