Crawl Ability

So I have a section of my game I want the player to be constantly crawling, I have this part kinda working, but I have an issue with the character starting from standing and then going into crawl. Is there a way to start in crawl position? Thanks.

If you set the animation state directly, the controller does not know about the state. I would rather start the ability through code when the game/level starts.

But if you start with code it doesnt start with crawl idle it starts with standing and dropping down to crawl. Im attempting to change between 30 avatars and 20 through 30 has to be crawl. As a set amount of time goes by it changes 30 to 29 to 28 etc. Everytime it changes the character stands back up then gets back down to crawl. So I made a copy of the animator controller and have attached it to 20 through 30 and just bypassed crawl start with those. I wasnt finding a way with code to start direct with crawl idle.

Here is one other question, in this process the camera resets its position. If find the new character on awake and that works great but the camera is reset to position 0. I tried to catch the angles and the position in another script before the camera resets and tried to then move it back in a quick matter but that script is being over ridden I take it. Any way to make the camera stay in the previous position as the avatars switch out?

Here is one other question, in this process the camera resets its position. If find the new character on awake and that works great but the camera is reset to position 0. I tried to catch the angles and the position in another script before the camera resets and tried to then move it back in a quick matter but that script is being over ridden I take it. Any way to make the camera stay in the previous position as the avatars switch out?
This will take modification within the camera controller code. Right now it will always reset.