Conditional transition to another part of the tree

xjjon

Hi,

I am trying to implement behavior for a 'rage mode' part of a boss. That is basically a set of behaviors that the boss transitions to after certain conditions (hp is lower than X, etc)

The trouble I am having is having that condition checked after each spell is completed and then if true, transition to the new set of behaviors.

At first I tried to make that an external behavior tree. The boss will never go back to the non-rage portion of the tree. However, this causes some inconveniences as you can't "copy and paste" things from one tree to another. There are a lot of tasks that are similar between the rage/non-rage portion so being able to copy them will increase productivity.

So basically what I tried to do is set it up so that it checks the condition after each spell, and if true, will transition to the infinite repeater for rage mode.
But I cannot figure out how to have the 3 conditions transition to the same repeater (see 2nd screenshot). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

RageMode.png

1619637506511.png

A task can only have one parent so you cannot have the setup in your tree. As you mentioned, using external trees is the correct approach to repeating a certain subbranch.

A task can only have one parent so you cannot have the setup in your tree. As you mentioned, using external trees is the correct approach to repeating a certain subbranch.

Thanks. One more question - is it possible to copy and paste tasks between different trees? Tried to do it but only seem to be able to paste within the same tree.

If not - is this something that would be possible?
From the json serialization it seems it would be possible - although the root ID would need to be updated I guess to account for the existing IDs in the new tree. But maybe there are some details I am missing. Thanks!

You can paste between trees - I just tried it and was able to. If you can list the steps that it isn't working from a fresh project I can take a look.

Ah yes you are right - each time I tried before I was closing the "behavior designer" window before opening it for another prefab.
It works as expected if I keep the window open while opening another prefab.

Thanks again