Closing menu doesn't recapture mouse cursor/pointer for first-person view.

I'm using Opsive First-Person Character Controller along with Opsive Ultimate Inventory. When playing my game, there is no visible mouse cursor, and instead, moving the mouse changes the first person's view direction (pretty standard). This is correct.

Pressing the "escape" key opens the Ultimate Inventory menu and the mouse pointer is shown. If you click the "close menu" option (same as provided in demo, just renamed) then it closes the menu and the mouse pointer is hidden and works properly.

However, if you press "escape" and to open the menu, then press "escape" to close the menu, the cursor is not properly recaptured. It remains visible. How can I have *any* closing of the menu recapture the cursor for the first-person perspective?

This video captures it well

Thank you!

That's a bug that popped up when we made the change to the shared input system. The issue is that closing panels and showing the cursor is both using escape. And the order of the event makes that the function that is supposed to hide the cursor is called before the one that shows the cursor.
We are looking into a solution for this, but we do not have any updates planned for a long time since we are making big changes to the integration with some big improvements on simplifying the workflow. It will take a long time to implement those improvements.

A solution could be to use a different input for closing panels and showing the curosor.
Or maybe you could listen to the c_GameObject_OnGameplayPanelSelected_Bool event and disable the cursor when it is executed. (That should work in theory)

I hope this helps

@Sangemdoko isn't this a problem with the Input Manager and a gamepad plugged in? So switching to the Input System integration would fix it?

I'm using Unity default input and no gamepad, for what it's worth.

I'd like to keep the Escape key for showing/closing menus, so how can I change the Opsive Character Controller key which shows the cursor? I would even be fine setting it to "none"

On the character you may toggle off some of those fields (The escape key is hard coded):
1614673966510.png

Instead toggle on some of those fields on the canvas, for this to work you must define a Gameplay panel:
1614674028637.png

That should solve your issue.

@Justin No, that's another bug that double inputs, which toggle on/off menus in a frame or two when pressing Open Panel.

Could you give us a bit more information on your use case, and send us a screenshot of both the DisplaypanelManagerHandler and the UnityInput component.
I think you just need to set the correct option to make it work the way you want.
If you really can't make it work exactly the way you want you can always overwrite the DisplayPanelManagerHandler or DisplayPanelManager and write some custom code to have complete control over that.

Yeah I was thinking of creating something to for as you suggested, the issue is when I hit esc and then click on the screen the vector movement does not become active again, heck I might just create my own inventory if I can’t get this to work using scriptable objects as I did with what I am doing now I am learning a lot since we last spoke, yet here are the screen shots

Also I for some reason when the item is picked up the icon does not display, and when I click that item it errors, due to I think the drop item , cancel and something else does not pop up

Sorry Vahalla,
I'm not sure I follow. You are saying the input is being disabled even after you exit the menu? It does work as expected in the demo scene so I'd recommend you compare your setup to that to see what the issue could be.

As for the item pickup. I'll need more information. Please make a new forum post and paste the full error message that might help me guide you in the right direction.