Climbing Demo

Shadowing

Unity 2020.3.32 LTS
Newest UCC and add on versions

Climbing demo seems completely busted.

Gives a ton of errors related to swimming actually.

Import UCC
Import Swimming add on
Import Climbing add on

Select Nolan and do the auto setup for climbing in the UCC add on manager

Going to get several errors like missing states.
You also get a missing breath attribute which was easy to fix.
Not sure how to fix the state errors though. They are confusing. When you read the error and then actually go look in the inspector.

First time I did this nolan was actually trying to swim in the air. I'm thinking swimming needs some more checks added to prevent swimming.
since I was able to make the character get frozen in the water on the swimming demo by simply trying to get in and out of the water real fast.

I uninstalled climbing and reimported it and now Nolan just floats in the air.

I tried those steps and it worked without any errors. I recommend creating a fresh project and verifying that it works. Climbing and swimming are independent assets and do not depend on each other.

I deleted UCC
imported it back and then reimported the climb and swim
I then rest all the controls and layers to UCC default.
I then setup the character for climbing

This time starting the demo everything works fine.

How ever I get 3 errors. I'll try it in a fresh project next I guess. Idk why that would matter though according to what these errors are saying.
The first error is a preset missing on the Capsule collider in the scene of climbing demo.

Error: The state LedgeStrafe on Capsule Collider (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CapsuleColliderPositioner) does not have a preset. Ensure each non-default state contains a preset.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object,UnityEngine.Object)
Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.StateManager:InitializeInternal (UnityEngine.GameObject,Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.IStateOwner,Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.State[]) (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/StateSystem/StateManager.cs:101)
Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.StateManager:Initialize (UnityEngine.GameObject,Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.IStateOwner,Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.State[]) (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/StateSystem/StateManager.cs:65)
Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.StateBehavior:Awake () (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/StateSystem/StateBehavior.cs:27)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CapsuleColliderPositioner:Awake () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/CapsuleColliderPositioner.cs:106)

Error: The state Crawl on Capsule Collider (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CapsuleColliderPositioner) does not have a preset. Ensure each non-default state contains a preset.
Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.StateManager:InitializeInternal (UnityEngine.GameObject,Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.IStateOwner,Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.State[]) (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/StateSystem/StateManager.cs:101)
Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.StateManager:Initialize (UnityEngine.GameObject,Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.IStateOwner,Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.State[]) (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/StateSystem/StateManager.cs:65)
Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.StateBehavior:Awake () (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/StateSystem/StateBehavior.cs:27)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.CapsuleColliderPositioner:Awake () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/CapsuleColliderPositioner.cs:106)

Error: The state Balance on Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Slide does not have a preset. Ensure each non-default state contains a preset.
Opsive.Shared.StateSystem.StateObject:Initialize (UnityEngine.GameObject) (at Assets/Opsive/Shared/StateSystem/StateObject.cs:29)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Ability:Initialize (Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion,int) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Ability.cs:309)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:DeserializeAbilities (bool) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:418)
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.UltimateCharacterLocomotion:Awake () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/UltimateCharacterLocomotion.cs:295)

Are you sure you are running the climbing demo? And not the agility integration demo? Those state errors relate to the agility pack.