Cinemachine weird behaviour

Arlo

Hi!
I need some of the Cinemachine's features in my project but I'm having issues with the integration. After following your documentation steps the camera behaves strange, like if it had a spring that made it wobble when rotating around. I followed the instructions again in a clean project using the Demo scene supplied with the Ultimate Character Creator and it behaves equally strange.

Here is a video showing the behaviour

Thanks for your time!

Unity version: 2022.3.18
Cinemachine version: 2.9.7
Ultimate Character Controller version: 3.0.18 & 3.0.19 (updated just in case)

Have you tried a scene outside of the demo scene? The demo scene has a very specific setup so it's not very good for testing against integrations.

Hi Justin!

Yes I did, I first encountered this behavior in my own scene. I tried to replicate it in the Demo scene to check if it was an error coming from my own setup.

Here I attach a basic scene just created for testing the integration with no extras.
Unity 2022.3.18, UCC 3.0.19, Cinemachine 2.9.7, last integration version

Thanks!

Attachments

• CinemachineIntegration.zip
    422.4 KB · Views: 2
Thanks, I'm not sure what is going on in that scene. I compared the settings and they looked ok. Here's the scene that I use for testing - maybe you can spot the difference?

Attachments

• Scene.zip
    18.8 KB · Views: 1
Thanks, I'm not sure what is going on in that scene. I compared the settings and they looked ok. Here's the scene that I use for testing - maybe you can spot the difference?
Hi Justin! Thanks a lot for taking the time to test it : )

I'm having the exact same issue in the scene you sent me, don't you? I added some cubes to the scene as a visual reference because it was hard to notice the wobble with a single ground plane. BTW it also happens when changing perspectives as you will see in the video.

Same behavior happening in the scene sent by you with only some cubes added : (

Ah, I was just in a single perspective. I do now see the shaking when changing perspectives. My guess is that Cinemachine is reacting to the change in character location as the character rotates to face the new direction. I'm not able to test it right now but maybe if you change the follow target for the cinemachine camera it will reduce the shaking?