Character won't get in RCC integrated car.

micah3434

I have set up the Ultimate Character Controller to integrate with the Realistic Car Controller from Bonecracker Games. I have followed the integration steps from Opsive perfectly, yet when I move to the "get in" zone near the car and click the action button these errors appear:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Drive.ColliderOverlap (UnityEngine.Collider collider) (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Drive.cs:172)

Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Drive.GetValidStartLocation () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Drive.cs:140)

Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Character.Abilities.Drive.CanStartAbility () (at Assets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Scripts/Character/Abilities/Drive.cs:126)

There are probably 5 separate scripts not getting the variables they need. (this isn't the entire error, it goes on about 20 more lines)

Am I missing something? It seems like an entire script is missing or not working/communicating properly.

Thanks for all replies!

Hi I had to rework my own asset some time ago due to an RCC update, and I don't think the Drive/DriveSource has been updated. Check out Ultimate Seating Controller, it works with RCC also and is very extensive in what you can do with it and works online as well.

Hi I had to rework my own asset some time ago due to an RCC update, and I don't think the Drive/DriveSource has been updated. Check out Ultimate Seating Controller, it works with RCC also and is very extensive in what you can do with it and works online as well.
Thanks for the help! I will look into the Ultimate Seating Controller. It sucks they haven't updated it yet.

Can you insert a breakpoint and determine what is null? Is it the colliderTransform or the sphereCollider? My guess is that you are using a collider type that is not supported. Make sure your move towards start locations are either capsule collider, box collider, or sphere collider.
I can't recommend the Ultimate Seating Controller enough, but the included drive ability should also work with RCC for the basic drive use case :)