Character First person issue

Hello sir,

I face issues in character build in the UCC package. I am using the current 2.1.10 version of the UCC package. I can't get hand mean the first person in my character. Also, I don't fond filed of set it's first-person arm fields in character build means character manage.

I have followed the youtube tutorial. Please help me with this task: the first person working with my character.

Link:

In this, Where can I move first-person arms for a first-person view like just hand the same as the main character?

My character can't display hand in a first-person view. I think there is an issue with character creation. Can you please help me with this? Also, I have changed hand position but when I plat it that time set its position at 0 so it's displayed on player hand and not cover in camera.

You can check the issue video from the following link.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Veo-aCrg0BOlv9Ky2N73dDOk7rzsFYSl/view?usp=sharing

Also, I have applied same tutorial link process in my scene.

Link:

You can check my chat in discord also. I have applied so many solutions to this but still, I get an issue. Can you please help me on this point?

Thanks in advance :)
Have a nice day!

Take a look at this video:

At around 4:15 Justin explains adjusting first-person view pivot positions for items along with the character's arms/hands.

Hello sir,

I have applied the same thing to my character. But sir, there is an issue with first-person. First-person arms position not proper working and sword rotation pending but first-person position reset every time means not working. Please let me know about any issues. If you need issue video or anything else then just let me know about that. I need people to work first person and third person both things. But I face issues in the first person only.

Thank you :)

It would be worth checking your setup against the demo scene, and also seeing if you can reproduce this within the demo scene. If you could send your scene file + any custom prefabs you're using I can take a closer look.

Ok, sir. I will share it's a file with you. So, you can check it. I am sharing 500 MB around code which includes the demo scene and my player with the third person and first-person. You can check it and share your points on that.

Hello sir,

Here, I am sharing one link with you. In that, you can check new scene 5 and my final character path is below :

Main character: Opsive -> CC3_Joshua_withTextures_02 : third person model
First-person model path: Opsive -> Joshua_Arms_Unity

Link:

Just give me a character working with first-person and third-person with the item. Please let me know if there any issue with the model or implementation. Or hide me if any issue occurs.

If you need any other details then just let me know about that. Or If you have any query then just ask me here. I will reply you.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks for the help :)

Have a nice day!

Please do not post your entire project - this forum is public so anybody can download it. Based on your video you'll want to do two things:

1. Update to the most recent version of the character controller.
2. You'll need to use animations that are specifically designed for your character's arms. Generic rigs cannot be retargetted like humanoid rigs can be. Take a look at the link that Andrew posted for an in depth explanation for why this is as well as what options you have.

Hello sir,

Thanks for your reply. :)

Here, I have not shared my whole project. just give you my character model with a demo scene. This is a demo scene project.

Now, I have an Opsive version is 2.1.10. Still, Should I update my version?

I have checked his post but I am not clear where is the main issue, sir. So, Can you please just let me know on that. Is there any issue with the first-person character model or issue in implementation. Is there an issue in the model then I have to discuss it with the designer. If there is an issue with implementation then just let me know hat is an issue.

Here, I am sharing my first person character model as humanoid and also display the Opsive version. You can check it also.

=> You'll need to use animations that are specifically designed for your character's arms.
-> Our designer same create a model like a demo scene model.

Thank you, sir :)
Have a nice day!

Attachments

• 2020-06-04_20-58-12.png
    2020-06-04_20-58-12.png
    316.9 KB · Views: 1
Yes, you should definitely update :) Version 2.2 contains many improvements on the usability side of things and is also what the videos are based off of so you'll be able to follow them directly. See this page for updating:

In terms of the arms, what animator controller are you using for them? Are you using the FirstPersonArms animator controller? Your arms are using their own rig so you must design your own animations that fit that rig. This is a Unity restriction in that generic animators (which is what the arms are) are not able to retarget their rigs like they can with humanoids. As a result of this, you should create your own animator that works with the animations that you have for your arms. Take a look at this video for how the animator is setup:

Hello sir,

Thanks for the reply :)

I will update the version Opsive. (Y)

I will check this video also for the first person's arms. Can you please let me know about the position issue in the first person like I set it's the original position then again it's set at 0 when I play the game. For the animations and animator, I will check it and let you know about that.

Please help me for the position issue.

Have a nice day!

You will want to set the position on the First Person Perspective Item. Take a look at this video: