Character feet not on ground during runtime.

Tscorpio

Please see the screen shots attached. There's actually two things going on:
First the characters feet isn't touching the ground
Second is the character is being repositioned in the CapsuleCollider causing his legs to bend.

I've been looking at the Collider and Capsule Collider Positioner script properties and everything there looks normal. I'm out of ideas where else to look. Can you explain what other areas I could look at to try and resolve this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• DesignTime.PNG
    DesignTime.PNG
    181.7 KB · Views: 11
  • RunTime.PNG
    RunTime.PNG
    184.6 KB · Views: 12
Are you using custom animations? If so, open the animation fbx in the inspector, go to the "Animation" tab, and try changing the "Root Transform Position (Y)" properties, e.g. you may need to change "Based Upon" to "Feet". I'm not 100% familiar with the exact settings required here, but if you expand the animation preview window at the bottom of the tab, you should be able to tell if the root Y position is placed correctly.

You also may want to make sure that your animations and animator controllers are all configured to use the same rig (this can be set on your animations in the "Rig" tab in the inspector, and on the animator controllers).

I am not using custom animations and the rig checked out. But after a lot of trial and error I found a combination of capsule size and position that fixed the issue. I honestly have no idea why it works, I got lucky :) It does seem to have something to do with the capsule and the sizer script, but I can't confirm that.

Thanks