Character controller for flock

PuppyPuppyPuppy

I'm hoping to be able to use behavior designer and probably the movement pack and/or formations pack to create a very specific scenario. I'd like to be able to control a flock of characters in a 3D top down type game. I'd be using A Star for pathfinding. The controls would work similar to those in something like Pikmin or, even better, like the controls in an old PS3 game called Swarm. You can see what I'm talking about in detail for that one here:

Is this something that is possible? I already have behavior designer and would get the add ons necessary to achieve this.

Thanks!

The Movement Pack contains a flocking algorithm though it doesn't look completely like the flocking in that video. The flocking in that video looks like it's a mix of both flocking as well as following to a destination. The Movement Pack would give you a start for how to implement this, but you'll need to do some modifications in order to get it all of the way there.

Looking at the way the "flock" is set up in that video, it looks less like a traditional boid flock and more like a slightly randomized formation. The spread on the flock looks to be something along the lines of scale the size of the formation up and down (with the stacking of the characters into the pole formation being an entirely different behavior). Does that seem like an accurate analysis?