Character Attribute Question

GearedGeek

I have set up my character to use stamina when sprinting (change speed) as well the ride ability so that the character can also ride Blitz from the demo. I have noticed that when the character is riding Blitz and sprint the stamina is still being used. Would you think that the stamina wouldn't be used since the character is riding Blitz?

You could use the state system for this. For example, in the demo scene the character's sprint ability activate the state named "Run". So you could create a preset attached to the Stamina attribute that activates when the "Run" state is active, which sets the Stamina attribute's auto-update value, amount, etc. then have Blitz's speed change ability activate a section state, e.g. "BlitzRun", which would block the "Run" preset in the Stamina attribute.

Also if you are using the Sprint ability that I wrote, you could setup a state to it and change the amount consumption per rate:

1595610634333.png

So you could change it to 0 when you're riding the horse. (Don't forget to have a default state with the normal consumption)