Change Stack Empty

jlayton75

When trying to add a new State to the Ultimate Character Locomotion I am getting the following Error:

Change stack is empty, did you call BeginChangeCheck first?
UnityEditor.EditorGUI:EndChangeCheck()
Opsive.UltimateCharacterController.Editor.Inspectors.StateSystem.StateBehaviorInspector:AddExistingPreset() (at Assets/OnlineAssets/Opsive/UltimateCharacterController/Editor/Inspectors/StateSystem/StateBehaviorInspector.cs:172)
UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu(Object, String[], Int32) (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/GUI/GenericMenu.cs:121)

It is also not saving my change when I run the game. I would really appreciate some help on this!

That script is calling EditorGUI.BeginChangeCheck() above, right? Do you have any custom inspectors yourself that are calling BeginChangeCheck/EndChangeCheck elsewhere? Also are you on the latest version of UCC?

I am getting very frustrated because none of my changes I make in the editor are saving. Like when I add a new ability and I save and exit my project. When I open It, none of the changes are saved. This has led to hours of development being lost. Have you seen this problem before?

Unfortunately I have not - if you can list the steps to reproduce it from a fresh project I can take a closer look. If you are working on a prefab you'll want to make sure you are saving the project from the file menu rather than just saving the scene.

Unfortunately I have not - if you can list the steps to reproduce it from a fresh project I can take a closer look. If you are working on a prefab you'll want to make sure you are saving the project from the file menu rather than just saving the scene.
Ah ok that is good advice ! I will try that. Thank you so much for all of your help!