Can't get speed change to work

Nixies

I have a character set up I'm trying to make it so he can run. However, I cannot get it to work.

At the moment I have set it up as the top priority so that I can test. This is what it looks like:

1546955880899.png

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Or where to start.

Attachments

• 1546955690313.png
    1546955690313.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 0
That looks correct. Do you see the ability starting when the button is done with the "(Active)" label? Are you moving (Require Movement is enabled)?

By default it is. Can you list the steps to reproduce from a fresh project? I should then be able to see what is going wrong. The speed change ability gets automatically added if you add the standard abilities in the character setup.

I'll try and do a video now.

I did a short video of me trying to set up a character. I'm trying to do it in thrid person adventure but the camera is set up wrong for some reason and I still cannot get the run to work:

https://nixies.tinytake.com/sf/MzIxMzYwMV85NjMxMjE3

I remade the camera, I had forgotten to set it to third person. The run still does not work though.

Can you start from a fresh project listing the steps to reproduce? This will ensure it wasn't something that previously caused the problem.

Also, does the speed change in the demo scene work?

I just created a new project from scratch and had the same problem.

I had to go to
Edit -> Project Settings
Input Manager
Axes >
Size (changed from 18 to 19)
Edit the last item name to "Change Speeds" and the Positive Button to "left shift"

Possibly these inputs weren't added automatically when I created the project.

And then I realized that was exactly the case and instead had to go to:
Tools -> Opsive -> Character Manager
Then click "Setup" then "Project" tab and then add the button configuration from there.

I too am suffering from this. It inconsistently works. I'm using the new input system if that's got anything to do with it. If I change the ability to be automatic it works, so something to do with listening to the button press. I edited InputActions and renamed "Change Speed" to "Run" and updated the ability to use "Run" instead of "Change Speed" (wondering if the space in the name could affect it?). It's working now, but this has happened before, and then it randomly stops.

I'll keep digging if it happens again, and see if I can solve it and report back.

That does sound like it's related to the input button mapping. By default it is "Change Speeds". The space does affect it.