Can't get new arms animator to work?

RobbieNI

Hi there,

I know animator questions are asked alot, so apologies if this has been asked before but I've trawled the forums and cant seem to find an answer.

I've created my own arms in Unity and made animations for them. I have a weapon as a child of them, so I want to set up the weapon item with the arms as part of it, not separate. I know that UFPS can handle this, however I'm having an issue getting the animator to work.

I created a new one and brought over only the essential parameters that I would need, item slot ID, item state etc. etc. However the animator doesn't play any of them, and none of these parameters change when the weapon is fired or aimed. I turned on the animator event checker and I know these are being fired. Its almost as if the animator isnt linked to the character or something, however I've followed all the set up videos and set up wise it all seems fine. All of the parameters are spelled correctly.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Best,
Robbie.

Sorry if you've already done this as you said you've followed the set-up video, but have you passed your character object through the Character Manager ("Existing Character" tab)?

Hi Justin,

I've made the animations using Unity's animation keyframer and they work outside of UFPS, I just assumed it was a process of getting UFPS to play them?

I managed to get it to somewhat work but now I have the issue that my idle animation state seems to always be playing and my fire animation only plays for a split second? Ive set up the correct animation events and they are being fired. How can I fix this?

Can you start debugging this by logging the events on the Animator Monitor? This should help figure out why the fire animation is ending early.

The events seem to be firing fine, as you can see in this attached gif. You can see the animation pausing for some reason, and not playing.

Attachments

• Anim.gif
    Anim.gif
    263.2 KB · Views: 9
Here's the animation, you can see the events at the beginning and end there, just to show they are definitely there.

Attachments

• Anim.PNG
    Anim.PNG
    773.4 KB · Views: 8
Disabled is right.
Maybe your conditions are wrong. Can you share screenshots of your enter and exit transitions from "SMILEY_IDLE" and "SMILEY_FIRE"

I assumed it might be a transition issue but I've been trying a lot of different options with the transitions and none of the changes seem to fix it, I've attached the screenshots of my current transitions.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    45.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    45.2 KB · Views: 6
Hi again,

I'm having the same problem with the reload animation (stopping before its finishing). I tried the solution above but it didn't fix it. Shown in the screenshots.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    171.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    31.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Reload.gif
    Reload.gif
    187.8 KB · Views: 6