Can't drag Splash prefabs to inspector field

atmosgames

I just downloaded swim add-on and it's working great. However, when I try and drag the splash effects into the Surface Swim Splash fields, I can't. I recorded a short video to show exactly what is happening:

Additionally, I noticed how the array items are nesting inside eachother, as opposed to stacking. It will make sense when I show you in the video above.

Note: I can drag and drop just fine when using the Nolan character from the demo. What's interesting, however, is that if I copy the component from Nolan with all the splash prefabs in their correct inspector slots, and paste into my own character, everything pastes except for the splash prefabs!

1576775803857.png

Thanks so much for your help!

Thanks for reporting it. This ended up being caused by an exception within the inspector. If you open AudioClipSetInspector.cs and add the following to DrawAudioClipSet it should fix the error and allow you to change values:

Code:
            } else {
                if (audioClipSet == null) { // NEW
                    audioClipSet = new AudioClipSet(); // NEW
                } // NEW
                audioClipSet.Delay = EditorGUILayout.FloatField("Audio Delay", audioClipSet.Delay);

I've added your script and noticed a new problem. I'm able to add a particle prefab "splash", but the moment I try and add an audio clip, everything gets reset (the particle prefab suddenly becomes empty)! Please help, thanks so much Justin!

This one was difficult to work around. I have it fixed but it required a number of changes so the easiest way to get it working for now is to comment
Code:
[InspectorDrawer(typeof(WaterEffect))]
At the top of WaterEffectInspectorDrawer. This will then draw the raw values and while the interface won't be pretty it will work.

For some background, whenever you change a Unity Object Unity throws an exception. This exception is caught but not before the field is set. I had to insert try/catch blocks in a number of places to get it completely working. Unity should not be throwing this exception so I'll try to get a smaller repro case together and submit it to them.

Ok great. And I'm still unsure, but did I do something wrong here? Or was this just a glitch with the system? Thanks again Justin, your rock!

Hey just bumping in as I still have this issue. And as atmosgames said, you rock Justin thanks for all the great work!

Thanks! This will be fixed when the next version of the controller goes out (around the time Unity 2019.3 is released, so soon).

I just ran into this exact same issue. I came to the forum here to post the problem. So if I make the 2 script changes noted above it should work with Unity 2019.2.19? Have you heard any news about when 2019.3 is expected to be GA?

It's working with the 2 script changes, however the field values get wiped out if you browse for location. Dragging in the location (e.g. ORG-hand_L) works, but browsing wipes out the Particle Prefab and Event Name:
1580090447757.png

The latest update that fixes this has been released. Go ahead and update and you don't need to make any changes.

I updated to the newest First Person package, and imported into the same project where I had everything working with the script changes. Unfortunately, the player will not dive under the water now. The player keeps on his feet walking even when underwater. Not sure what changed. I tried reimporting all the opsive parts, but that didn't help. I'll have to revert back to the backup I made before updating. Please let me know if there's anything I should check. I am using Custom for Water Height Detection Method, and I just made the Water Surface Vertical Position public and set the sea level value in the inspector.

If you import everything into a new project without making any changes does the demo scene work properly? The swimming add-on wasn't updated so dive should function similarly.

I figured out what the problem is. I am using the FirstPersonControllerDemo, and that controller was updated in the latest First Person package, so I just had to add the swimming animation states to the updated controller.

From the documentation of the Swimming package:
An editor tool has been created that allows you to easily add the swimming animation states
to your existing animator controller. You can create the states for all of the abilities used
within the Swimming Pack by opening the Add-Ons Manager (Tools -> Opsive -> Ultimate
Character Controller -> Add-Ons Manager) and specifying the character that you want to
add the animations to:

Last edited:
Hi Justin,

I am using the current UCC and still experience this issue. Commenting out

Code:
[InspectorDrawer(typeof(WaterEffect))]

works.

I just tried to reproduce it but everything appears to be working on my end. Have you tried a fresh project?

Hi Justin,

Yeah, It works in a fresh project but for some reason it's inherited this behaviour from the prevoius version.

Nathan