Build issue solution on camera issue

Silver100

May be of use if anyone has a similar issue. I had an issue with a build, where the final level would not work. It all worked in editor but the final level the camera and player separated. I looked at other scenes set up, all looked fine except, I noticed the level before final level, I had made use of the camera character field for camera view swapping on a characters, but on the final level left that camera controller character field blank & it worked fine in editor not on build though. Basically the missing character field from camera controller script caused an issue only on a build so I had never noticed. Once filled in worked. All scenes after needed to be filled in or the camera wont connect. Adding in the character field on the camera controller script fixed.

Last edited:
There shouldn't be a difference between the build and editor since the camera controller doesn't use any editor definitions. It's really hard to say without debugging it but maybe it's a loading order issue? Either way I'm glad that you got it fixed.