[Bugs] UCC 2.2f2 Vehicle Bugs

AHumanBeing

UCC 2.2f2
Unity 2019.3.7f1
Standard Pipeline

Vehicle Bugs:

Bug #1. Nolan becomes frozen and can't move after exiting the vehicle on an uneven surface.

Bug #2. Gun remains in Nolan's hands when entering a vehicle while shooting.

Bug #3. Nolan becomes stuck in an infinite loop when trying to enter a vehicle next to a close wall or surface. This may be solved by teleporting Nolan inside the vehicle if he becomes stuck.

I created a video showing these bugs in a 30 second video linked below.

YouTube Link - Opsive Vehicle Bugs [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2lsAS85fas]

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll take a look at it and let you know if I need any help reproducing any of those.

I have experienced #3 as well, but not able to reproduce easily.

Ultimately I don't think a "timeout" check would hurt to have here, if entering takes longer than expected, teleport the player in.

I am having a hard time reproducing number 3. What position and rotation is the car at?

Thank you for posting those coordinates. I've been trying really hard to get the character stuck but haven't been able to. Does it happen every time for you?

Thank you for posting those coordinates. I've been trying really hard to get the character stuck but haven't been able to. Does it happen every time for you?

Yes, anytime Nolan is wedged between the car and a wall tight enough he will start to walk in an infinite loop

Thank you - after some playing around with it I was able to reproduce it. It turns out the NavMeshObstacle wasn't large enough for the SkyCar.

Thank you - after some playing around with it I was able to reproduce it. It turns out the NavMeshObstacle wasn't large enough for the SkyCar.

Nice, glad you were able to. I look forward to testing the next version.

Another bug I found was not being able to enter the car after building the demo in the standalone player. Pretty easy to replicate. Just build the demo and try it out.