[Bug] Weapons start in hand rather than holster target on startup

metalmanage

Hey,

So I run into an issue where upon starting the game all the players weapons appear in there hand. The weapons aren't actually equipped they just appear and cycling through inventory puts them in there holster target.

It appears to be related to the Cine machine integration as it doesn't happen when using the provided camera system.

It can be recreated in the demo scene:

1. Setup up nolan so he has weapons on start up
2. Setup the third person camera to use cinemachine third person option

Oddly enough removing it doesn't remove the issue after its been setup and reverted. Even removing all traces of cinemachine from the scene and setting it back to use the provided camera system it still doesn't go away.

I tried the cinemachine integration and didn't have a problem. The view type doesn't affect the items so I'm not sure why you are seeing what you are. Are you receiving any errors?

Actually sorry after a bit more testing it seems to do it with the provided camera system. its not just limited to cinemachine.
No errors. All I need to do to recreate it is open the demo scene and add items into the default and provide a holster target. Then when hitting play I get what happens in the screenshot.

Im using UTPS 2.3.6
unity 2021.1.20f1

Attachments

• issues.png
    issues.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 3
I am not able to reproduce this. It looks like you are running an old version of the controller so I recommend updating.

Sorry. I had downloaded the latest update via assets manager but neglected to actually run the setup. My bad. All fixed