Broken Behavior Tree Issue

To whom it may concern,

I was just working on a Behavior Tree on a character within my project this morning (~ 5 hours ago from when this post is being made), and I open the project now, and my Behavior Tree seems to be completely broken and unusable. The attached image shows the broken behavior tree in the Behavior Designer editor window, as well as the errors that are prompted within the console whenever I click within the BD window, while this given behavior tree is selected.

This has happened to me once before on this character's behavior tree, but I don't remember exactly how I solved it, but I know it wasn't a pleasant experience.

How can I resolve this issue, and how can I avoid it in the future?

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 2.46.00 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-05 at 2.46.00 PM.png
    271.9 KB · Views: 4
Are you able to send that behavior tree to support@opsive.com? I'm not sure what would cause it but can take a closer look.

Beyond that, if you revert the tree to a previous revision does it work?

I could send it in to the support page. Should I send over just the screenshot or like the actual file of the behavior tree from my project directory on my machine?

Yes, if I were to change my workspace to a previous changeset, from at least ~ 1 week ago and I make some changes to that changeset, then push those changes on top of what I have in my most recent changeset (let's say arbitrarily that I pushed today) my behavior tree seems to be fine. I can only say that because that is the route I went down the previous time this behavior tree was broken.

Though I do know a solution to this problem, it's obviously not a permanent solution and can't be doing this once a week.

I could send it in to the support page. Should I send over just the screenshot or like the actual file of the behavior tree from my project directory on my machine?
I would need the actual behavior tree, along with other supporting assets so it actually loads. With that said, while I am not sure as the line that it is having a problem on, I'll add some more null checks to MarkNodeDirty so we can first test this solution out. If it still throws an error in the future then we'll need to debug further.