Bow & Arrow Accuracy and Demo Animation Problems

_aL

Hi,

I'm starting a new project which will use bow and arrow extensively. So I started by checking out the latest Demo scene and the bow and arrow system seem to have serious issues. Accuracy in any given stance (standing, crouching and riding) is very bad. Also the animations for both riding and crouching seem to need adjusting for the Demo character.
I'm using just the Third Person Controller. At first glance these problems seem to be about the difference in between where the crosshair is pointing and where the actual arrow object is pointing. This becomes more obvious when pointblank shots are taken, the arrow is completely off from where the crosshair is pointing.

I've recorded some example videos:

There is always going to be some offset due to the different angles between the camera and character rotation. With that said, on the projectile you can have it fire in the direction of the look source (the camera) or the direction that it is facing. There are positives and negatives to each approach but by default it's firing in the direction of the look source.