Armur / Weapon and Others questions

plutonmania

Hello,

I tried to create the armor for my character.
I spent more than 4-5 days to break my head.

Sometimes I managed to put the armor but the weapons no longer worked. I have read and re read several times the documentation:

I once again resumed the tutorial:

On: Equipping Skinned Mesh Clothes. I'm almost there !!!!

For me the armor is created well following my tests, except that in the camera which shows the player on the panel inventory, the armor does not appear Visual,
but are well placed on the character.
I understood that the objects of armor which was placed on the character did not held the layer "character" by doing it manuel once the starting game, I assigned the layer "character" for example to "my shoes -01 "I saw the shoes attributing visual on the camera of the inventory panel of my character. (I don't know if I'm clear enough).

Another problem I will not give you the 10 to 15 photos that I create to show you my different tests to get there.
I have 5 slots for armor.
I will show you in order what I did so that you can tell me what I did badly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Equipping Skinned Mesh Clothes​

• Create a new ItemSlotCollection for your armor and name it accordingly (i.e “Armor Equipped”), set its purpose to “None” such that it won’t be confused with the “Equippable” collections.
  • Create an ItemSlotSet for your armor slots and assign it to your new ItemSlotCollection
  • Add an Equipper script to your character, assign the ItemSlotSet and define which slots are skinned mesh.
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.PNG

C et D.PNG

• Create an additional Equipment UI (aka ItemSlotCollectionView) separate from the weapons equipment UI. Make sure that each are set up correctly and point to the correct ItemSlotCollections. This is done by setting the Item Collection name/purpose on the ItemSlotCollectionView inspector under the Item Collection ID field.
d et e.PNG
  • You will have two equip item actions, one for your armor items and one for your weapon items. Use the MoveToItemCollection Item Action for equipping the armor in the UI and make sure the correct ItemCollection name are specified
    HERE I'M CONFUSE, Don't understand where i find that. (i.e Main and “Armore Equipped”), The CharacterEquipItemAction should only be used for equipping “Equippable” Character Controller weapons.

• Create items with skinned mesh prefabs following the Equipper guidelines for skinned mesh equipments.
E.PNG
  • Make sure to only use the “EquipmentPrefab” attribute and not the “UsableItemPrefab” attribute since usable Item Prefabs are not required in the integration.

In My Inventory Grid Panel I have added an item view Slot Container Panel Binding for armor linking to his container slot.

• Verdict:

I manage to equip my armor, by closing depositing (on the other hand I have the hats slot when I slide the icon of the shoes which is possible,
    that I do not understand why, just the shoes slot is not activated, but That hats be too, when I have clickable shoes, or is I doing badly?

I can no longer equip weapons, my panel action for weapons is no longer displayed, there is well assigned, drop, cancel.

ps :
I ask what would be good is to create mini videos showing steps in stages how to do it.
Or even better to put in the integration demo as on the demo of the inventory pack, that is to say with the armor, the items picking up which have the updated panel with their amount, to put the shop upgrade and the house with depot That we can understand how you did without asking yourself questions without stopping.

I am a beginner developer, if I took your pack it was precisely to have simplicity in my choices and not to write codes, not yet knowing how to write a complete code without a tutorial.

Well I have repaired the "equip" weapons now she puts herself when I get "equipped", but the armor (Shoes here) no longer have it 1.PNG2.PNG

You will have two equip item actions, one for your armor items and one for your weapon items. Use the MoveToItemCollection Item Action for equipping the armor in the UI and make sure the correct ItemCollection name are specified
HERE I'M CONFUSE, Don't understand where i find that. (i.e Main and “Armore Equipped”), The CharacterEquipItemAction should only be used for equipping “Equippable” Character Controller weapons.

I think this is the part that you are missing.
ItemActions (in the UIS context) are actions you can perform on an item, usually in your UI (Equip, Assign, Drop, etc...). These are defined in the UI itself. Learn more here:

In your case you have your shotgun and your shoes. Both can be equipped. But the way they are equipped is different. That's why you'll need two equip actions. One for equipping/unequipping the Weapons and one for equipping/unequipping clothes.

When you make an ItemActionSet you can define the item category of the items the item action can be performed on. This way you won't have the clothes equip action happen on the weapon and vice versa.

So the last two screenshots you gave are almost correct. The only issue is this part:
1681203544870.png
Clothes are not Character weapons (in the UCC context) so you cannot equip clothes with that CharacerEquipUnuequipItemAction, instead you should use the MoveToIteCollectionItemAction.

I hope that makes sense

I finally corrected, thank you. I also added in "Category Item Action Set".
I was also able to correct the fact that when I was moving, an "item armor" in his regular slot, only are slot was colluted.
A problem of small "_" which failed, in the slot "hat" and "shoe".

• Now I can't get the item to disappear from the slot of the basic grid, once you equip.
  • And how can we see the armor equipped on the character's camera. How to assign him a "Character" layer?
I tried with the armor index slot, to put a slot use it on an object heity of the character,
and to put a slotcount in the category "Armor equipped", but no, that is not the right method,
Nothing There is the subject of the hierchy under "item" of my player there

QUERSTION.PNG

1)
The way you make the item "disapear" on the left is with filters. You can learn more here:
And here is a video example at the relevant time:
(I'd really recommend you watch both part 1 and part2 of the character controller/inventory system integration videos)

2)
You assign the layer in the prefab. Just like you did for the assault rifle before.
Is there something preventing you from setting the layer before runtime?

3)
Sorry I'm afraid I don't understand the question

Merci,
You answered my 2 questions and I got it.

1: I had already seen the otion filter in: Main Inventory Grid.

But since there had already been marked in elements 2 "equipped" I did not think that I had to add my category "Armor equipped" in addition. But thank you it works perfection now.

2: My error was to have assigned the "character" layer instead of "subcharacter" thank you, now I see my armor perfectly on the camera of the inventory panel.

Sorry for my translation, sometimes they do not fully represent what I meant. I try to correct the best when I speak to you.