Arm not steady when rotating or walking

matmalm

When I'm rotating idle, or walking, etc the arm changes the position because of the animation. Is there a way to make the arm steady with the camera?

gif:
ezgif-4-5a43c4288616.gif

Looks like the image you tried to post there isn't working. In any case have you tried adjusting the Upper Arm Weight/Adjustment Speed values on the Character IK component?

Looks like the image you tried to post there isn't working. In any case have you tried adjusting the Upper Arm Weight/Adjustment Speed values on the Character IK component?
Yes. I have tried that.
Let's see if it works now:
ezgif.com-gif-makerbf53d6df311918cb.gif

Sometimes they take it down.

Yes. I have tried that.
Let's see if it works now:
ezgif.com-gif-makerbf53d6df311918cb.gif

Sometimes they take it down.

It's a combination of things. I had a similar issue. I think I had to tweak values for Hands, Upper Arm and Hip Position Adjustment Speed. I bet it's the last one based on that screenshot, I think the arm is going in and out based on the torso catching up.

It's a combination of things. I had a similar issue. I think I had to tweak values for Hands, Upper Arm and Hip Position Adjustment Speed. I bet it's the last one based on that screenshot, I think the arm is going in and out based on the torso catching up.
Uh, I set all of them to 0 and no luck.
It only stands steady when I disable the animation

Last edited:
That almost looks like it's related to the animation on your arms GameObject. Maybe it is rotating when the yaw changes?

That almost looks like it's related to the animation on your arms GameObject. Maybe it is rotating when the yaw changes?
Well, in Character Locomotion if I set the Yaw multiplier to 0 it doesn't do it but then there is no animation, so it's weird when you rotate and you keep your feet standing still. But it's not only when I rotate, also when I walk, run, etc...

I have also noticed that the character doesn't change the direction of the arms when looking up or down.
In the picture below the first person arms are looking up while the character arms are pointing straight:
Screenshot 2021-07-18 235943.png

I don't know if it's related, but speaking of animations I'd better ask you now...

Update: I just figured it out (I think), looking at the demo scene the first person arms have another avatar and animator controller so everything in mine is misconfigured.

Well, in Character Locomotion if I set the Yaw multiplier to 0 it doesn't do it but then there is no animation, so it's weird when you rotate and you keep your feet standing still. But it's not only when I rotate, also when I walk, run, etc...

I have also noticed that the character doesn't change the direction of the arms when looking up or down.
In the picture below the first person arms are looking up while the character arms are pointing straight:
View attachment 6549

I don't know if it's related, but speaking of animations I'd better ask you now...
It was the wrong animator controller set up for the arms, now I put a generic one and it's working fine :)
Thanks Justin.

However I couldn't solve the second issue that I showed in the image

Have you edited any of the values on your FirstPersonObjects component? (Found on the First Person Objects gameobject.) This is how it looks in the demo scene:

1626681303352.png

Have you edited any of the values on your FirstPersonObjects component? (Found on the First Person Objects gameobject.) This is how it looks in the demo scene:

View attachment 6557
That looks right in my scene. Actually the main problem is solved with the rotation. It was something related to the animator controller.
I just noticed another problem (related to animations -or locomotion?- )

In the picture below the first person arms are looking up while the character arms are pointing straight::
index.php

That looks right in my scene. Actually the main problem is solved with the rotation. It was something related to the animator controller.
I just noticed another problem (related to animations -or locomotion?- )

In the picture below the first person arms are looking up while the character arms are pointing straight::
index.php
if you're in 3rd person, ignore the first person arms that show up in the editor window. They're actually hidden in the game and don't do what the editor window makes it look like. A lot of people ask about that.