Arm movement

markgrover

Could someone point me to a training/tutorial video on how to make Ultimate Character Controller have my character open a door either by opening a door knob or pushing a door open, if there is such a video somewhere, that is.

Any help much appreciated, as I am a newby with both Unity and Ultimate Character Controller.
(I am however an old developer, so I pick up concepts pretty quickly.)

Thanks.

Thanks for answering, and I'm sure the steps are obvious to someone who has done it successfully once, but as I said, I totally new to Unity and Opsive, so I am still confused. And I did already see that page in the link you sent me.

So here's my confusion:
Step 3 says "Ensure the Moving Platform has the Enable On Interact enabled". I cannot find the "Enable On Interact". Please direct me.
Step 4 says "Add the Interactable components to the button". Where is this component? Is it an Opsive component, or something in Unity.
I believe that this is a case where a video showing these steps would be worth a millions words, and would answer all these questions.

Step 3 says "Ensure the Moving Platform has the Enable On Interact enabled". I cannot find the "Enable On Interact". Please direct me.
This is on the Moving Platform component.

Step 4 says "Add the Interactable components to the button". Where is this component?
The Interactable is a component included with the controller. Take a look at the door GameObject within the Interact room of the demo scene for an example of the setup that you are going for.

Figured I would post this here since it seemed the most relevant in my search:

I have a door setup exactly like the open door in the demo room, scripts and everything is hooked up. I get no errors and the door open and close sounds play yet the door fails to open! The collider does seem to open and close as I can walk through the model of the door that sits there closed. I've been messing with it for about 2 hours now trying to figure out what is wrong but can't figure it out! I am using a door from an asset pack but don't see how that could cause a problem if I have removed animators and such from it first.

It just now dawned on me static as in no animations! I was looking at the static box! Sometimes it's the simple things!

Last edited: