ApplyForce let's me jump, but only straight up

Hi,
I'm inside of a custom Jump Task for BD. I'm connecting to the UltimateCharacterLocomotion component (var name = enemy), and making the AI character jump. The idea is that he jumps over the player's head and attacks from behind, but I can only get the thing to jump straight up and down.

This bit works:
enemy.AddForce(Vector3.up * jumpForce, 2, false);

and I've tried this:
player.AddForce(new Vector3(horizontalForce, jumpForce, horizontalForce), 2, false);

also added this:
player.SetPositionAndRotation(Vector3.forward * horizontalForce, Quaternion.identity);
which works, but obviously the character doesnt move to the new position smoothly, just appears there

I suppose I'm approaching this incorrectly?

How large is horizontal force? Try a really large number just to see if it moves.

I've run this bit:
player.AddForce(new Vector3(horizontalForce, jumpForce, horizontalForce), 2, false);

up to 60,000 as horizontalForce. No horizontal movement up to that point, but at 60,000 the collider breaks and he falls through the navmesh. Still no horizontal movement, though.

Ahh, I think that it's because of the navmesh. The navmesh is keeping the agent according to the navmesh position. I didn't account for adding your own forces. I will write this one down to improve but you will need to modify the NavMeshAgentMovement ability to account for it when setting the desired movement.