Animation Curve Issue

Flamehead

I have put an animation curve onto an animation clip, similar to LegIndex which is used on Nolan. I'm getting a strange behavior on the actual float that is being read. I have a curve that is going from 0 to 1 pretty quickly however the Animator float isn't reading the curves numbers properly. Instead of going from 0-1 like it does on the curve, it goes into the negative, -.1, and the never reaches 1 like in the curve but reaches .7 and then falls back to zero. Which it also shouldn't do because it should reach 1 and then stay at 1. Any idea why the curve on the animation clip isn't being read like it should inside the animator controller?

As you can see in the animation curve it rises from 0 to 1 quick and then remains at 1. Some other factor is influencing this mantleHigh float inside the animator that it is reading from the animation clip.

Thanks

Attachments

• Animation Curve Issue.jpg
    Animation Curve Issue.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 1
I would post this in the general Unity forum - the character controller isn't aware of that parameter so it wouldn't be able to influence it. In addition it is grayed out in the animator which indicates that Unity is managing it.

I would post this in the general Unity forum - the character controller isn't aware of that parameter so it wouldn't be able to influence it. In addition it is grayed out in the animator which indicates that Unity is managing it.
Ok. When you made the LegIndex for Nolan, is that referenced anywhere in the UCC scripts, or is that solely on the animation and only be read by the animator controller for animator transitions? No ability or any script reference to that animator float?

is that referenced anywhere in the UCC scripts, or is that solely on the animation and only be read by the animator controller for animator transitions? No ability or any script reference to that animator float?
No, the LegIndex is not referenced anywhere within the scripts.

No, the LegIndex is not referenced anywhere within the scripts.
Ok cool. I figured out it was an issue with one animation clip and having Loop Pose checked even with a green light over loop time. It was squishing the AnimationCurve with loop pose checked for some reason and making it do something weird.